CELINE VIBES

When it comes to clothing and brands, I literally couldn't be any less of a snob. If there's an identical item from Primark, or a high end store... I'm going with Primark - aka the Mothership - all the way. If you're as fashion obsessed and have as many shopping trips as hot dinners like me, ain't nobody got time or money for Topshop/Zara[insert you're own more expensive brand here] every day of the week. 

Having said that, there are some stores that you just can't ever imagine yourself being drawn to, or at least finding something that you actually like in there, and that's about where I stood with Tesco's clothing line.

That was until a few days ago when I stumbled upon a pair of shoes that I fell in love with. (And yes, it is totally possible to fall in love with a pair of shoes and I am not just being a major tit*)

*I probably am but I'm seriously digressing here. I found a great pair of shoes in Tesco's, I bought them, I love them. And I now have the classic jingle "Let's all go Tesco's, where Ellie buys her best clothes la, la, la!" in my head 24/7.
Red Aldo bag included in this post - despite the fact that it's empty and I'm not currently using it, Oh yeah, dedicated to the cause over at The Elle Next Door* - as it's also a pretty good dupe for the Celine luggage bag. I posted all about it here.

*[Read: Probably not dedication, probably just the result of being a complete and utter loser]
As you may have guessed from the post's title, I think these shoes (which I got for £10 by the way, what an absolute bargain!) are so similar to the infamous Celine pointy loafers. - Annoyingly, they're no longer on the site for me to link them but I've seen them in store in case anyone is interested. - But with a price tag £630 smaller. Bargain babe* 1 - Celine 0

*I feel just as nauseous as you do reading the words "bargain babe" in my post. I sincerely apologise.

How about we have a little look at a lovely lip combo to ease that nausea? Sound like a plan? Sounds like a plan...
The two products in question today are Tanya Burr's Lipgloss in Chic - which I posted about here - and Mac's Honeylove. I've actually been layering the lipstick over the lipgloss for a not too glossy, not too matte vibe - I know, seriously living on the edge here. I'm practically the definition of Yolo... - and I've really been loving it. Nude, velvety, natural lips that don't scream "Hi, I'm Elle and I've plastered concealer all over my lips" or "Hi, I'm Elle and I'm a huge Kylie Jenner wannabe" #Winning
  And that just about draws this post to an end. What are your thoughts on Tesco/Florence & Fred clothing? I am so impressed with the quality of the pieces that I've picked up so far (Could it have something to do with the fact that 99% of my wardrobe is from Primark AKA Polyester city? Possibly...) All the same, I'll be heading back for more. Once I've lifted my non-existent spending ban, obviously...

Also, what are your nude lip recommendations? I have a Muji empire full of pinky/peachy nudes so any neutral, brown toned shade recommendations are more than welcome. Again, after that f**ker of a spending ban ends ;)

As always, thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post!

xx

Labels: , , , , , ,