TANYA BURR - AND LEATHER - CHIC

If there's one thing I really don't do well - apart from saving money, eating healthily, exercising... OK, OK, you get the gist - it's dressing for "in between weather". You know the one I'm talking about - when it's ridiculously cold out but also bright and sunny. What on earth is the smart/casual dress code option for this weather?

No literally, help a girl out here and give some guidance, I am struggling here ladies!

Today's ensemble was thrown on on a 'transitional' day. Too breezy for a shirt but I needed something to "smarten/pretty up" the outfit a bit. It might not have been totally weather appropriate, but I did enjoy wearing it, and it did a good job of making me feel a bit smarter, rather than wacking on 10 pairs of super cosy tights and looking like a sack of potatoes. Who knew a leather midi could be so useful?

On to the outfit. But first, let me take a selfie let me apologise/pre-warn you that this post contains seriously, seriously windswept hair. Don't say I didn't warn you...
Yep, I wasn't joking about that dragged through a hedge backwards, homeless person, windswept hair was I?
Asymmetric Jumper that I am completely in love with: New Look
Skirt bought in last year's boxing day sale that I've only just had the balls to bring out of the closet: River Island
Shoes: Primark. Aka The Mothership. Where else?
Moving on to my favourite part of this post. I picked up a new lip gloss a couple of days back and the only thing I'm disappointed by is the fact that I didn't get it sooner. It's part of Tanya burr's Lip gloss and Nails line and it's the gloss in 'Chic'.
It is the perfect natural, every day lip gloss. It's a beautiful beige nude with a pink undertone and to coin the most annoying phrase in the world, really is - "my lips but better". The formula is just as great as the other glosses in the line - I own First Date and Picnic in the park, two beautiful nude pinks... are you sensing a theme here? - and I can't even think about wearing another product on my lips right now.

It is, to be completely unoriginal - the epitome of Chic. Well named Tanya, well named!

So that's it from me today, have you tried any of the Tanya burr lip glosses? Any recommendations for me? Also, what's your go-to 'Smart/Casual' outfit? I would love to hear your thoughts :)

As always, thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post!

xx

Labels: , , ,