THE SPRING MAKEUP LOOK

spring beauty
Alongside shaving my legs for the first time in 6months, chopping my hair shorter and in the process, avoiding back/neck sweat, and having to do a speedy D.I.Y pedicure on nails that haven't  - and shouldn't have - seen the light of day for a long time... I also like to switch up my makeup as we move from season to season.

But before I go on to my spring makeup look, can we all just take a moment to appreciate just how ridiculously/ludicrously/comically unsexy that first sentence was? I have truly outdone myself ;)

So, I don't tend to mix up my makeup looks too much. I'm just a comfort zone kinda girl, so when I discover a look that I like, I stick to it. (Hence the 50bajillion pink lipsticks, peachy pink blushers and bronzey eyeshadows...) However I do slightly mix things up a little when we move into the warmer months, so how about I tell you what I do in this post today?

Oh, you don't give a shit damn you say? Well, that's awkward because the entire post is based around it...

On to the Spring mix up.
Bourjois healthy mix serum
Bourjois healthy mix serum
I mentioned in my previous post that I've been opting for glowy/sheeny skin and cheeks lately and that still hasn't changed. My glowy but flawless skin (well, "attempted" flawless skin) comes courtesy of Bourjois's Healthy mix serum. I have fallen in love with this beauty... the perfect choice for most skin types as it's nourishing but also lasts a really long time. It feels light on the skin but also has pretty great coverage. I received so many compliments on my skin at the #SLBloggerBash and that was all down to this. (Because girlfriend's skin definitely does not look like that makeup free.)
BD Trade secrets highlighter
BD Trade secrets highlighter
To up that sheen factor - totally not a thing, totally making it a thing - I have a new product from BD Trade secrets, in the form of their Dream Shine highlighter*. I have to say, I was so impressed with many products in their line, but this one really is pretty special. So far this has been my top Spring favourite, a liquid bronzey/highlight that blends seamlessly on top of makeup and gives that stunning "lit from within glow". It also looks amazing mixed in with foundation for a really glowy, "I eat my 50 fruit and veg per day" healthy skin look. Lots of love for this.
Mac All that glitters
Mac All that glitters
Mac All that glitters has topped my makeup menu lately, and whilst I'd happily wax lyrical about it for the next 10 hours, I'm conscious of boring you all to death... so if you want to read more about ATG - yep, we abbreviate eye shadow's on the elle next door because we're cool (and by "we", obviously I just mean me) - click here.
Kat von d tattoo liner
Kat von d tattoo liner
Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Trooper - No matter what the season, Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter - yep, they're the seasons Elle, blue peter badge for you... - winged liner always plays a part in my makeup routine. Whilst I still haven't found "the one" when it comes to liners, this is a really great option. (Although if you're on a budget, Collections Felt tip liner is just as amazing!)
Hourglass Dim infusion
Hourglass Dim infusion
Hourglass ambient lighting blush in Dim Infusion - Again, this is another product that I've raved about many times before, but it really is that pretty. A stunning, sheeny, glowy light peach blush that just lifts and illuminates the face. It basically makes your face look alive even if you feel like death inside. In other words, give me all the blush!
Wet n wild lipstickWet n wild lipstick
Wet n Wild lipstick in Within these Adobe walls - First of all, I bought this lipstick in New York which means it immediately became a favourite/sentimental lipstick/"I bought this lipstick in NYC, where I got engaged, Oh my god I love it" item. But biased opinions aside, this Wet n wild lipstick is actually stunning. A bright, peachy pink with a really nourishing, but long lasting formula. I don't believe in keeping certain products for certain times of the year (Mac Angel all day, ehhr day) but this one just seems to be particularly perfect for Spring as there's also a hefty dose of coral in there. Also, the pigmentation in just one swipe is just... [insert "thumbs up"/"clapping hands" emoji here]

And I guess no makeup post would be complete without seeing it shitely applied slapped on the face itself.
I've been drankin'... watermelon. Erm, well, I actually haven't, but I've been painting (Essie) watermelon on my nails which is pretty much the same thing, right? [insert "totally unconvinced but maybe someone will pity me and agree anyway" emoji here] I've had this on my nails for the last 2 weeks, and for someone that usually changes them every 3 to 4 days - yep, I have far too much time on my hands - this is pretty damn impressive.
So this concludes my Spring makeup/nail polish picks/"Oh look there's some blossom and pretty branches... let's shove my head near and take some photo's" post. Whilst yes, there is absolutely nothing unique or revolutionary about this makeup look, it's different for me, which is why I documented it here today.

I would absolutely love to know what your favourite Spring time makeup looks and nail polishes are? Any new Spring launches that you'd recommend? I would love to hear your thoughts :)

As always, thanks so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post!

xx

Labels: , , , , ,