SPRING DRESSING, THE #SLBLOGGERBASH & TIPS FOR ATTENDING BLOGGING EVENTS

#SLBLOGGERBASH
Yeah, so I've pretty much packed everything into that title, and subsequently into this post - you lucky little things, you... - but don't worry, despite my best attempts to "go hard of go home" (maybe I should just go home after these shocking jokes just a paragraph into the post?) I promise to keep this as concise and to the point as I possibly can.

Which basically means you'll have to get through 3 paragraphs of shit rambling instead of 5 today. [insert sarcastic happy face and a thumbs emoji here]

A momentous occasion happened on Friday. Nope, I didn't manage to go a whole day without eating chocolate. Nope, I didn't get through the morning without stalking Instagram/twitter/pinterest/all the social media. Nope, I didn't do cardio for the first time in 7 years...

... I shaved my legs. For what felt like the first time in months (but probably looked like the first time in years) and then I got those pasty bad boys out for all to see. Well, everyone at the #SLBloggerBash anyway (I seriously apologise for any offence caused ladies)

Said - terrifyingly leg bearing - outfit.
Primark Culottes
Street style
Ellie Adams
The Elle next door
The Elle next door
Silver loafers
That surgically attached leather jacket: Stradivarius
Cropped top that expertly displays my distinct lack of abs: New Look
Cullottes that are so comfortable I really don't want to take them off of my legs: Primark
Silver loafers ever so kindly referred to as my Tin man shoes from my brother: Forever 21

Pasty legs and - slightly overzealous with the texturising hair spray - hair aside, it's time for the #SLBloggersBash. For those unaware of what the hell I'm talking about (that'll probably be all of you then, all of the time, reading every single one of my posts.. ) it is an event put on by the lovely Scarlett - alongside Search Laboratory this time - who has run many blog events before and is quite frankly bloody brilliant at it. With amazing brands - Hello Urban outfitters - plenty of food, competitions galore and a laid back atmosphere perfect for mingling and getting to know other bloggers... the day was just as fab as every other event Scarlett has put on. Girl, you did so good. Again!

Onto the event, first up - let there be cake...
Once I managed to pull myself away from the amazing cakes baked by some very talented bloggers - what can I say, I am a sucker for food photography and a fat bitch - it was time for some Bowls with the gorgeous Polly, who may or may not have beaten me.*

*Let's cut the crap... she beat me!
Action shots over - let's just take a second to appreciate that technique shall we? ;) - fancy a little wander around with me, checking out the clothes, brands, wine and general goings on? (totally not a thing but we can totally make it one) Great, let's go...
Apologies Ally for the ridiculously stalker-ish/in your face photo here, but I think every blogger can appreciate that camera, phone and bowls ball multi-tasking you got going on there girl ;) If you haven't checked out Ally's blog by the way, then you really should. Because it's amazingly well written with some stunning photography to boot. Also she's just as lovely in "real life" as she is online.

Whilst on the subject of meeting other bloggers, without getting all soppy/drippy/sentimental/cheesy etc. I just wanted to take a moment to say a huge thank you to all of the gorgeous ladies that came over to say Hi and said you liked my blog. I genuinely, genuinely felt so overwhelmed; not only by the fact that apparently my Mum isn't the only person who reads my blog - who knew?! Not me, that's for sure - but by your extremely kind words. You totally made my day! 

I met so many stunning/lovely/friendly/[insert your own choice of lovely adjective here] ladies, so I sincerely apologise if I've missed any of you out. But here are a few of the girls that I met who I can't wait to catch up with again soon :) - Sarah, Thalia, Kayla, Arianna, Georgia, Renata, Alina, Lauren, Sofie and so many more*

*Totally means I can't remember everyone's name right at this moment. Again, sincere apologies [and probably a good time to insert awkward emoji's here!]

Major fan girl done, here are some miscellaneous others from the event.
Now that I've completely bombarded you with photo's, it's probably time to bore you with words - I can't imagine why people tell me I need to market myself better ;) - Now, I am no expert when it comes to blogging events (and I am also conscious of sounding like a know it all/"why are you giving us tips when you have barely any followers and your mum is the only person reading your blog" twat) but so many girls that I spoke to said that it was their first event and that they were really nervous, so I thought I'd mention a few tips that helped me when I started attending events, and even help me now actually.

1. Step out of your comfort zone and just go over and talk to people. This is so incredibly hard if you're quite shy/introverted... but I promise you, you won't regret it. 99% of the girls in the room will be feeling exactly the same as you are and will be so grateful that you've made the first move because they are probably wanting to do the same thing but are too nervous to. This is definitely something that comes with time, but I always make sure I do this now and have recently came away with so many new friends/blogs to stalk read as a result.

2. Plan ahead - decide on your outfit in advance to avoid the "Oh fuck balls, I have nothing to wear and 10 minutes left before I have to leave". Plan your route, or at least look into where the venue is to avoid being that girl who looks like a major tourist, asking all the locals if they've ever heard of Stupid Street. For me, i.e the world's biggest over-thinker/worrier, I always feel much less stressed and nervous (yep, still get nervous after attending events for over 2years) if I plan ahead and generally feel "prepared" for the day.

3. Follow up email - Whether it's a brand event or a blogger that's put on her own event, I always follow up with a thank you email - I happen to be meeting Scarlett this week so I will of course bore her to death and tell her in person - and a link to a post if I've done one. Apart from it just being good manners, the fact that you've taken the time to thank them will mean a lot to the organisers after they've put so much effort into making it all come together. Manners don't cost a thing, and yet a simple thank you, just two words, can mean the world to somebody else.

4. If you don't know anyone attending the event and you're really nervous, generally the event will have a hashtag which is perfect for helping you find out who else is going. Tweet them, have a chat, make some connections first... it'll put your mind at rest knowing that you have someone a little familiar that you can go and chat to. Especially useful if you find approaching people that you've never spoken to before tough.

5. Finally, have fun. Just remember that these events are there for your entertainment and enjoyment, not to be fretted over. Yes they're great fun and present you with the opportunity to meet amazing bloggers/brands.. but they're not saving lives, they'e not changing the world. Relax and enjoy it, because once you've been to one and know vaguely what to expect, the rest will be a breeze!

If you're still with me at this point and haven't face planted your keyboard through boredom - you got some stealthy patience there girlfriend - then thank you, I really hope you enjoyed this post. Thanks again to Scarlett and Search Labs for a brilliant event, I had a great time meeting other bloggers and finding new procrastination/stalking material in the form of their blogs in the process. ;)

What are your top tips for attending events? Are you preparing your wardrobe for a Spring overhaul? If you made it along to the event I would love to know what you made of the day (and of course, don't forget to leave any links below, I would love to check out your blogs) :) 

As always, thanks so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post!

xx

Labels: , , , ,