"HI, WE'RE ORIGINS, AND WE'RE TOTALLY OWNING SKINCARE RIGHT NOW!"

When it comes to skincare, I am a bit of a floozy. (Floozy, what the f**k hell even is that? Clearly I went to sleep as a 22 year old and woke up 80 years of age). There are quite a few items that stay constant in my routine, but most? Oh they pretty much change on a weekly basis due to constantly receiving new products to try, and my never ending succumbing to all the skincare marketing campaigns in the world. "This magic cream will 'puff off' and rid dark circles and puffy eyes... well it needs to be in my life then". Marketing bumf 1 - 0 Elle!

There are two major players when it comes to skincare brands in my collection, and they are Liz Earle - which I wax lyrical/fan girl/obsess over/don't shut the f**k hell up about on a regular basis - and then there's Origins, which just owns/wipes the floor with/[insert your own choice of "killing it" phrase here] when it comes to moisturisers, serums, masks and spot treatments. Basically everything then...

So today, this entire post will be an ode to Origins and all of their products which I think are life changing - yep, life changing because I am all about "life perspective" and prioritising the things that matter most ;) - and I am more than OK with that. I hope you are too.
Origins Drink up intensive overnight mask - I thought I'd get this one out of the way because jesus, mary and joseph have I spoken about this bad boy a million times before. It is, in short, an overnight mask which you can massage in, and leave on the skin all night long and when you wake up, you will be greeted with the plumpest, softest, glowiest, healthiest looking skin. I know a lot of people suggest using masks once a week, but I use this at least 3/4 times per week because... well, because it's my birthday face and I can cry slather it in cream if I want to.
Origins Super spot remover - I've spoken about this little pot of goodness (little pot of goodness? Clearly that Insomnia/Red wine/Easter egg binge has gone to my head) many times before, also. It really just... does the job. When applied to a spot that's just started brewing - what a sexy sentence right there - it completely dries out the spot, reduces the redness and swelling and basically just clears it up 10 x faster than it would left alone.
Origins GinZing moisturiser - This is quite simply the perfect Summer moisturiser. It's unbelievably light, but also very nourishing. The scent - oh the scent - it smells kinda' like chocolate orange, which is never a bad thing in my books. Although, a word of warning, if you love Terry's Chocolate orange this stuff is going to have you craving some all summer long. (#FatGirlProblems) The great thing about this, is that it's amazing for most skin types. If you have oily skin, this is perfect as it sinks in quickly and keeps your skin hydrated but not at all greasy/shiny/like chip fat/or Cristiano Ronaldo's hair/oily. The only skin type I would say that this might not be so suited to, is really dry skin as I feel you like might want just a tad more hydration. But I could also be totally chatting shit completely wrong and you might love it... so I recommend anyone giving this a try. ;) Also, just in case you didn't quite gather that I love this, please see the above picture, i.e scraping every single last piece out, as evidence.
Last but most definitely not least, the most recent addition to my skincare line and an absolute bloody corker at that... Origin's Original skin renewal system*. This is a recent release from Origins and I can genuinely say that when I received an email from the lovely ladies at Origins asking if I'd like to try it, I totally lost my shit mind. Origins is one of my all time favourite brands so to even be recognised by them, let alone sent a product that I would have no doubt purchased myself anyway, really was amazing. Sentimental sally time done... on to what the product is, and what it actually does. The serum claims to de-stress, smooth roughness, delete dullness, shrink pores and minimize flaws. (Jesus, Go hard or go home Origins!) For me, I've been using this serum for around a month now and I have noticed such a huge difference in my skin. The texture is much more smooth and almost feels like I've been exfoliating it on a daily basis. I suffered from some slight redness around my nose and on my cheeks and that is pretty much non-existent now. I didn't actually think that my skin was too dull before, but I've noticed that it definitely looks more radiant (so clearly I did look like a corpse after all and you were all just being too polite to tell me) and to top it off, my pores are definitely much less visible when I'm wearing this serum. I haven't been using it for long enough to see if it's made a long lasting effect to my pores, but it works amazingly as a "instant difference"/"See you later pores" quick fix. In short - because I am aware that I'm heading towards a dissertation on this one product alone, this serum is the perfect option for those looking for something perk up the skin, refine it's texture and minimize flaws. Perfect for all age groups but especially amazing for those in their 20's going through the #QuarterLifeCrisis.

So, that brings my ode to Origins to an end. As you will no doubt have been able to tell from this post, I am a huge fan of all Origins skin products and am looking forward to expanding my collection even further.

What are your favourite Origins products? Have you tried their new Original Skin renewal serum yet? I would love to hear your thoughts.

As always, thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post!

xx

Labels: , , ,