A MEETING WITH HEMYCA

This little thing that we call 'blogging' is a funny old thing, isn't it? It's available to anyone with an internet connection, it's free, it's readily available as in a matter of minutes you can start a blog, write anything that your heart desires, and put it out there for the world to see. Around 2 and a half years ago when I started this blog, that's literally all it was to me. Just somewhere that I could ramble for hours waffle for days bore you all to death express my feelings on anything and everything. Fast forward 2 and a half years today - Jesus christ, this is turning a little "the Time Traveler next door" - and this blog is not only my baby, my passion, my job... but something that has offered up more opportunities than I ever dreamed would be possible for me, and this post is basically me talking about one of them. With some soppy, fan girl action thrown in for free. Don't say I never give you anything ;)

After attending a London Fashion week presentation last month for a designer named Hemyca, which easily became my favourite collection of the season, I did what I always do. I came home, I gorged on an Indian takeaway and an episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians - Classy Elle, classy... - and I then preceded to blog about my experience (food baby in tow) A day after the post went live, I was contacted by the team at Hemyca and invited down to meet the amazing designers and take a closer look at the collection. To me, this is mind blowing. I have loved/admired/stalked/obsessed over/[insert your own choice of "loved" synonym here] fashion for years so for me and my little blog - which I am still convinced is only read by my Mum #BiggestFan - to be noticed by such a huge brand, I feel truly blessed and honoured. I could wax lyrical about how grateful and amazed I am but I am attempting to stick to my new year's resolution to not bore you to death, so I'll stop here and let the photo's of Hemyca's Decrypt collection do the talking instead. 

"Praise the lord" sings anybody that ever reads this post. Ever!
There were two items from Hemyca's Decrypt collection in particular that I just couldn't take my eyes - and camera - off at the presentation, and the gorgeous dress above was the first of those. The gorgeous, gorgeous print and mesh-esque material not only compliment each other so well, but also makes the dress so wearable and timeless.
Next up on my wishlist/never ever going to happen so I may as well just trot off to Primark to console myself list, is this stunning red leather dress. The cut is gorgeous, making the dress look fierce, sexy and powerful, whilst also being totally wearable for all women, of all shapes and sizes. This is actually something that is really important to Hemyca; they are girl's girls. They want women to look and feel incredible not only on a night out or special occasion but from day to day, and this collection completely embodies that.
So I'm sure by now you'll have gathered that I was ridiculously head over heels with the collection, but one thing that I quickly need to mention is actually meeting Myra Nigris, HEMYCA's designer alongside Helen Clinch (and her wonderful colleague Frances.) I try very hard not to have a preconceived idea of somebody before I meet them; but as an extremely successful designer and businesswoman in a very harsh industry, I guess it's not unforgivable to think that somebody might not be so open, not so friendly and easy to talk to. I couldn't have been any more wrong. Myra was, by far, one of the nicest people that I've met not only since blogging, but also my years in the TV/creative industry. Open, warm, incredibly friendly and passionate beyond belief, I sat with Myra and Frances for over 2hours talking all things fashion, #HemycaWorld and future collaboration ideas [insert "can't believe my luck but trying to play it cool, but totally failing emoji face here] and I genuinely came away feeling so unbelievably inspired, motivated and excited for the future huge, totally deserved success of Hemyca (and hopefully this little corner of the internet too).

I could end this post here, but this is me guys, and if you're not asleep through boredom now then I haven't done my job properly ;) Obligatory outfit and makeup picks for the meeting:
Boyfriend's old shirt which I've now claimed: River Island
Print trousers: H&M
Those shoes that might as well be surgically attached to my feet: Dorothy Perkins (last season, similar here)
Watch which I will always love: Daniel Wellington
Lipstick: Maybelline Colour drama lip pencil in Mininalist
Earrings: Gemporia*

The earrings I am ever so subtly modelling below were very kindly sent to me from a brand named Gemporia, and I can honestly say, I haven't taken them off since I received them. The slight oval shape makes them different from anything I already own, but also extremely wearable. They're so easy to wear day to day, but also look stunning for a dressier, more formal occasion. I genuinely think they are incredible value for money and they feel so sturdy and well made too, I'll definitely be hopping over to the site to add to my Gemporia collection :) (#WhatWeddingBudget)
So that brings me to the end of this little Hemyca appreciation society/ode to blogging/outfit post - I do love a good mix, don't I? - If you're still with me, thank you (and congratulations, sending virtual high fives to you) I just wanted to note that despite my humorous tone and attempted *ahem* comedy, I really do feel so incredibly grateful to have been offered the opportunities that I have... and none of it would be possible without any of you reading this right now. If you've read my blog for a while, or if this is the first post of mine that you've read, I really am beyond grateful to all of you.

What I would love to know, is what is your favourite piece/print from the Hemyca Decrypt line? And what has been your most "pinch me" moment since starting blogging? I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

As always, thanks so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post!

xx

Labels: , , , , ,