A SOAP AND GLORY MOMENT

I'd like to think that I'm a girl that can get deep and meaningful from time to time. You know, those times when you sit back with a coffee in hand, watching the world, assessing the situation ... and discover what's really important in life. A sense of perspective.

Like, for example, would you rather live one 1,000 year life, or ten 100 year lives? Or, is it better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all?

And the most important of all, the one question that keeps most of us up at night, mulling it over and over in our heads, never coming to a final conclusion...

If you had to use only one make up brand for the rest of your life, which would it be?

I know, I know, serious first world problems/thought-provoking shit shiz here and despite asking myself that question - yep, I am that sad - I came to the conclusion that I actually couldn't pick. Although I did narrow it down to 5 - #Skills - and realised that Soap and Glory well and truly earned their place in my top 5. Here's what I've been having a moment with lately...

Archery brow pencil in Blondeshell - Let's start with the one that's been on everyone's brows lips lately, the Archery brow pencil. Now, this has been compared to the infamous Anastasia Brow Wiz many times and quite often has come out on top. (No innuendo's here please, we take things seriously on The Elle Next door*) So, what are my thoughts on this product? (Well it is your blog, so that might be a good place to start...) The Archery brow pencil is a double ended spoolie and tinted crayon product, that works by brushing those bushes brows into place, then lightly filling in the sparse/non-existent area's with the crayon. The first thing to note is that for me, the colour I chose - blondeshell fyi - is the absolute perfect colour for my brows. They do only have two shades which is the only downside as I'm sure a lot of people may not be able to match their brows so well, but other than that, it really is incredible. The crayon has a thin point which works well at mimicking the look of tiny hairs meaning that it's very natural looking - no scouse brow in sight ladies, no scouse brow is sight... - as well as having the perfect 'not too soft', 'not too hard and waxy' formula meaning it's easy to apply, but also stays all day. Nothing in my ridiculously large Brow product collection compares to this.

*"We" ie. me, myself and I, clearly don't take things seriously on this blog, apart from taking the piss mick out of one's self, and talking about serious matters such as the First world problems at the beginning of the post ;)

One heck of a blot - As someone that used to have skin that resembled a fried egg, Cristiano Ronaldo's hair, a greasy kebab much more oilier than it is now, a matte finish to my face has always been - and still is - preferable for me. Matte, but not flat, (Jesus, move over Shakespeare) which is why for me, a powder needs to be mattifying but luminising enough to give some dimension to the face, and that's exactly what this product does. This keeps me shine free for longer than any other finishing product I have - and believe me, I have a lot - whilst looking completely natural. The powder is so finely milled that you can't even notice a trace of it on the skin. It has a very slight champagne/yellow undertone which doesn't add colour to the skin as such, but just gives it a lift. For any oily girls out there - How sexy am I making everyone with oily skin feel now? Apologies ladies) or those that prefer a more matte, flawless, Kim Kardashian-esque finish to the skin, this beauty is one heck of a product.

(See what I did there, see what a did there? What an absolute dick loser...)
Super-colour fabulipstick in The Missing Pink - Did I need another pink lipstick? Absolutely, 100% not. Will I continue to hoard them despite owning an embarrassingly large - although all slightly different and unique, obviously - collection of them? Yes, without a shadow of a doubt. Nude/medium pink lipsticks are my go to and The Missing Pink is a very well loved addition to the collection. It's a beautiful neutral pink lip with a very subtle shimmer that is pretty much undetectable on the lips. The real winning point about these lipsticks though are that they are so incredibly moisturising, they genuinely feel like they're nourishing the lips rather than drying them out. And considering how nourishing they are, the lasting power is pretty good too. Not the best, but I'd say you get a good 4 hours before having to reapply. Which they do brilliantly by the way. It does also claim to be collagen boosting which I can't say that I've noticed too much (which is a very good thing because if my lips get any bigger, they'll be rivalling Jay Z.) This hasn't been off my lips since I purchased it and you know what? They ain't complaining either...

OK, I'm going to wrap up this little Soap and Glory rave now. We all know how passionate I get about products I like - I clearly have my priorities in place. Politics? Nahhh. Makeup? How long you got? - so put three standout products in one post... Hey 2016!

So tell me, what are your standout products from Soap and Glory? And that impossible question - If you could only use one brand of makeup for the rest of your life, what would it be? Let me know in the comments below, I can't wait to hear your thoughts :)

As always thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post!

xx

Labels: , , , , ,