A LUSH START TO THE YEAR

Lush. It's one of those places that I've always wandered past, took in a good sniff - well, let's face it, the smell hits you as soon as you enter within a mile of it's radius, but you get the gist of where I'm going with this - had a little wander inside inspecting all the different bath bombs and skincare... and then walked out declaring that there was too much choice, and that I couldn't justify paying around £4 for a sparkly, pretty bath.

And then I purchased a bath bomb on a whim, and the rest as they say, was history.

There is something about Lush that is so incredibly indulgent, pampering, luxurious... it is the ultimate - "I feel like shit crap and need cheering up" product and never fails to make me feel revitalised and on the whole, a little happier*

*If this is wrong and makes me a completely superficial, shallow person... then I don't want to be right.

I was extremely lucky that my lovely Mum - who knows me far too well - treated me to some Lush goodies as part of my Christmas gifts. And despite the fact that she'd never stepped foot into one prior to this, girl done good.

Let's start with the pretty stuff eh and kick off 2015 on The Elle Next door in style. The bath bombs.
Luxury Lush Pud - The Luxury Lush Pud contains aroma's of Lavender oil, sweet benzoin and comforting tonka absolute (disclaimer: despite sounding distinctly knowledgable about Lush products from that previous sentence, I have absolutely no idea what half of those ingredients are) which is actually the scent of their cult bath bomb, Twilight. But that aside, it's a frothy bath bomb emitting beautiful pink, blue, yellow and green foam - Yeah, go hard or go home Lush - that's just incredibly relaxing and calming. A great one before trying to nod off to sleep. It is however Limited edition [*sniffs and wipes away tears before heading to Westfield to stock up*] so try one whilst you can, you won't regret it.
Twilight - This is one of Lush's biggest selling bath bombs and I can totally see why. On first impressions, it looks like a pretty blandboring, standard, one colour bath bomb. What you don't see however, is that the inside is blue, resulting in a wonderful pink/blue/lavender explosion. (Pink, blue lavender explosion? what a twat!) As mentioned above, the bath bomb contains lavender oil (and all of those other ingredients that sound like something from the Hobit) so it really is so relaxing and calming, and that's coming from someone whose mind runs faster than Usain Bolt. A great one for insomniacs - or just worriers in general whose mind's start working at 1am - that struggle to wind down and nod off to sleep.
Big Blue - This is one that I am so pleased my Mum picked up because it's not one that I had ever been drawn to before. The reason why this makes me happy? because I'm a sad, lonely loser because it is now undoubtedly my favourite. This bath bomb is so unbelievably fresh, and uplifting, and invigorating, and just... [insert your own choice of fresh synonym here]. It's key ingredient is arame seaweed which is very softening on the skin, as well as sea salt which we all know is a great, natural exfoliator. I feel like this is one of those rare bath bombs that are perfect all day long - invigorating enough to use in the morning to wake you up and get you started for the day, calming enough to cool off after a tough day. Complete superficial, materialistic love for Big Blue!
Rose Jam Shower gel - I have never tried a shower gel from Lush before and I am so glad that I finally got to try one, and in particular, this one. Usually, I'm not hugely into rose scents, but Rose Jam is a really subtle rose scented gel with lemon and vanilla so it's much more of a fresh, floral scent than pure, sometimes in your face and offensive, rose. It contains Argan oil alongside a whole host of natural, beautiful ingredients which doesn't surprise me for a second because this is so nourishing on the skin. Almost to the point of doubling up as a moisturiser - don't judge ladies, ain't nobody got time or patience to body moisturise morning and night, every day of the week - The scent also lingers all day too which I love. Rose Jam, you get a massive thumbs up from me so please don't go breaking my heart (Elton John style), disappearing after Christmas.
Breath of fresh air toner - This toner, according to Lush, is suitable for all skin types but particularly those that have been ravaged by the elements. Now, unless "the elements" are pigging out on all the Quality Street, Toblerone and Baileys in the world, then that probably doesn't apply to me. However this is just such a lovely, fresh, gentle toner that removes the last scraps of makeup whilst also soothing any dry, sensitive patches too, which I for one can be privy to at this time of the year. I haven't tried it long enough to say whether it's Holy Grail status yet, but it's definitely up there with my favourite toners at the moment.

And that brings my little introduction to Lush to an end. All in all, I am so impressed with the quality of these products that I received from Lush this Christmas (along with those I'd tried previously, also) Yes, they are more expensive than your average drugstore/chemist bath products, but as an occasional treat, or a small every day luxury... each item that I tried is totally worth it.

So, what are your thoughts on Lush - any favourite products you'd recommend me trying? Or any similar brands out there that you prefer? I would love to hear your thoughts. 

As always, thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post. Happy 2015!

xx

Labels: , , , ,