THE PINKS YOU ACTUALLY NEED

Let's just put a little disclaimer out there to begin with - Oh, Hi there Fun Police, nice to see you already! - I am well aware that nobody needs pink lipsticks. They're not oxygen, they're not water, they don't 'give you life' - or so I've heard, in all honesty I beg to differ... - so for anyone out there questioning my priorities in life, don't worry girl, I've got them in check. This post is simply about a girl who is obsessed with pink lipstick, to the point of having over 33 in my main makeup collection alone (not including the 15 or so completely necessary options I have in my handbag) who has decided to divulge which ones I would say are completely necessary to live a happy life, to live a complete life, to get the best out of life, to live like Blair Waldorf for your makeup collection.

It was tough. I mean, surely the only thing to rival this kind of operation would be having to pick your favourite child, right? But I battled through - No, no, save the round of applause - and here are my final picks. The elite 5. The spec... 

Shut the hell up and get on with the post, you say? You're right, here goes...

The Luxe Pink
Tom Ford Spanish Pink - this was by far the easiest pick for me. Not only is it by far the most luxurious lipstick I own - at £37 a pop I should bloody well hope so too ;) - but it also extremely unique to my collection. A light, natural peachy pink colour that does the most fantastic job of completely lifting the face and making me look more alive. (No Caspar/Corpse-like looking face for me on a Monday morning, #Winning) Check out my full review here.

The More 'Natural' Bright Pink
Rimmel Oxford Street Fuchsia - I think this is probably the most underrated and least spoken about lipstick across the Blogophere* I struggled to find many reviews and swatches - because I am that sad girl that googles the lipstick whilst in the store - and it really does deserve more hype. It is a beautiful medium/bright bubblegum colour pink (And the award for the worst descriptive skills in existence go to... thank you, thank you very much!) that is as moisturising as it is long-lasting (which is a lot) I think it would suit so many skin tones too, so I highly recommend this shade.

*I may have written the most cringeworthy word in existence in a post again so of course, if you ever see me in real life, you are more than welcome to punch me in the face ;)

The Bold Matte
Sephora Matte lip cream - Strawberry kisses. This choice was incredibly easy for me (and not just because I am an absolute pussy wimp and only own a handful of bright lipsticks) It is by far the best formulation for a matte lip I have ever owned. Moisturising, completey non-drying, lasts all day... and let's just talk about the colour for a moment shall we? A bright, in your face raspberry pink/red shade that I just find flattering on my skin tone. It is a lip colour for the brave - which I am definitely not, but I'm getting there. And hey, I may even wear it outside of the house soon ;) - but I would highly recommend for anyone in the market for a bright matte lip.

The everyday, "My lips but better"
Mac Faux - Now this one was heart-wrenchingly hard. (Yep, you heard that right. Choosing a favourite nude pink was heat wrenching, I am totally aware of how appropriate #FirstWorldProblems is for me right now) It was between Faux and Angel, both by Mac, and in all honesty, I love them both. Angel for me will always hold a sentimental place as the first ever Mac lipstick I purchased, however Faux has had more use in the last few months. If I were to be totally honest, Faux probably just inched it because it has more of lipstick left in the the tube and looks prettier - Beauty Blogger issues! - but we'll ignore that fact for a second. I reviewed Faux here and here (yep, told you I liked it) but in short, it is the perfect natural nude pink, very "my lips but better", and it's just an easy go-to lipstick that goes with all makeup looks. Love!

 The Glossy Nude
Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Chic - Again, I have reviewed this gloss here so I won't bore you all to death - although that may have already happened by now, whoops... - essentially, it is a beautiful nude pink gloss, extremely glossy, extremely moisturising and extremely natural. (I am not being sponsored to say the word 'extremely' as many times as humanly possible) Perfect for an everyday look, or paired with a dramatic smokey eye. Tanya girl, you did so well with this one!

So, pink lipstick rave over - I do apologise if it gets a bit lengthy now and again, I get passionate about all the superficial, sartorial, ridiculous important things, such as lipstick, obviously... - but what I would love to know is;  What are your must have pink lipsticks?  If you had to narrow it down to 5, what would they be? I absolutely love hearing your thoughts :)

As always, thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post :)

xx

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,