THE BODY SHOP VANILLA BRULEE

If there's a beauty item that I have coveted since the beginning of my makeup journey - journey? Jesus, it doesn't come to any surprise that I spent nearly 2 years working on the X-Factor does it? Journey... - then it has to be the Laura Mercier Creme Brûlée bath range. In particular, the honey bath product. It's sumptuous, it smells good enough to eat, it is basically the epitome of luxury. So why haven't I purchased it yet? Well, because I'm a tight arse as much as I really, really want to try it, I just cannot bring myself to spend £32 on it. I just can't.

Which is why The Body Shop is my new best friend, life saver - hmm, life saver is probably a bit strong - and new favourite store after discovering that they have a pretty good dupe, for less than a third of the price. I am allll about that base, no treble deal.
I'm going to dive right in with the honey bath dupe. It's from one of The Body Shop's Christmas launches and it's the Vanilla Brûlée bath jelly (£10). It is, in a word, incredible. The texture is actually very thick and almost like a hard, jelly texture - clue's in the name, go figure - but once you run it under the water it dissolves into soft bubbles instantly. You only need the smallest amount for a lot of bubbles and what I also really love about it, is that the smell is really subtle. When you smell the scent in the container it's a really strong and sweet fragrance that you would imagine could be quite overpowering, but it isn't. It's just bloody lovely!! At £10 this is a perfect Christmas stocking filler/gift for a loved one. Or, as a little Christmas treat for yourself. We all need pampering every now and then right?
Next up from the range is the Vanilla Brûlée shower gel (£4). I have always loved shower gels from The Body Shop. They're generously scented, they foam well meaning you only need to use it sparingly, and they're also really moisturising on the skin and I am so pleased that the Vanilla Brûlée offering is no different. At £4, this is perfect for a bit of everyday luxury.

I have always been the biggest fan of The Body Shop and if I'm honest, definitely favour it over Lush and the like. Their Christmas launches are even more perfect this year - alongside Vanilla Brûlée is also Glazed Apple and Frosted Cranberry - both of which I will 100% be indulging in for a another Christmas treat to myself.

Christmas launches aside, I have another review coming up shortly of a certain skincare launch from The Body Shop and my god, it is something special. I can't wait to share them with you :)

So tell me, have you indulged in any of The Body Shop Christmas products this year? Is there any other Body Shop products or Laura Mercier dupes I need to know about? I would love to hear your thoughts.

As always, thanks so much for reading!

xx

Labels: , , , ,