JO MALONE WOOD SAGE AND SEA SALT

One thing I never thought I'd do on this blog, is write a perfume review. There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing that, nothing at all; it's just that for me, because you can't see, smell or get any impression of what the product actually does without trying it in person and smelling for yourself, it feels ever so slightly that I'm cheating you out of a post. This whole entire blog post - my long ramble words and pretty (at least, they're pretty in my eyes) pictures - can basically be summed up in one sentence. This fragrance is incredible and you need to go and smell it for yourself. 

And yet here I am, eating those long, rambly words of mine and writing a blog post based around a perfume.


I am a poor excuse of a human being.


However this isn't just any old perfume - it's an M&S perfume - it really is, as completely ridiculous and superficial as this sounds, completely unique and... special.


I've spoken a lot and I haven't even told you what it is yet so how about I make it up to you and insert some nice imagery here? That sounds like a plan you say? Great news... ;)


Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt. I first heard about this perfume when an influx of bloggers had received this when the perfume first launched (lucky, lucky ladies) so I smelt it, loved it, and then reminded myself that I'm a struggling freelance TV Producer that might end up with beans on toast for the rest of the month if I buy it (Which would be bloody unfortunate for a coeliac that can't eat bread anyway.)

Silly jokes aside, my beautiful Mum surprised me with this while we were on holiday as she'd seen me go into Jo Malone numerous times and have a cheeky spray of it (...much to the annoyance of the shop assistants) So here's what Jo says about the perfume - you know, because obviously Jo and I are on first name terms - and then I'll bring out my notorious descriptive skills for your amusement and let you know what I think :)


"Escape the everyday along the windswept shore. Waves breaking white, the air fresh with sea salt and spray. Alive with the mineral scent of the rugged cliffs. Mingling with the woody earthiness of sage. Lively, spirited and totally joyful"


And here's what I have to say - It's bloody lovely. The End!


No I'm totally kidding. For me, this is the perfect, perfect Autumn/Winter scent. It's such a great mix of woody, herby but also very subtly sweet. I think the thing that made it stand out for me is that it's so unique to anything that I've tried before. It's sophisticated but also manages to be sexy. Classy but also fresh and flirty. It's one of those fragrances that could never be "too much". It's not in your face, it's completely non-offensive and so far I haven't found a single friend or family member that hasn't loved it. An all round winner in my eyes.



As I've exhausted all possible synonyms for the phrases fresh and woody I think it's probably time to wrap this up now. I would really love to know if you've tried - or own - this perfume? Is it one that you've had your eyes but haven't committed to buying?

Also, what are your current favourite perfumes? Any in particular that you gravitate towards in Winter? I would love to hear your thoughts :)

As always, thank so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post!

xx

Labels: , ,