WEEKEND GETAWAYS & ZOELLA BEAUTY

I mentioned in my previous post that I'd had a really down day (well, more like a few days that had been bottled up and exploded into a big, mascara running, foundation ruining mess!) I also spoke about the fact that that's OK. Totally OK. In today's society - oh here she goes, Barracks on a rant - there's so much pressure to be happy and smiling and posting amazing pictures all over social media like we lead the perfect life. But let's face it, nobodies perfect (perhaps Cheryl Cole - I'm not even going to attempt to pronounce her new surname - but that's another story) and sometimes it's perfectly OK to take a step back, drop the phone - not literally, you'd need a mortgage to replace an iphone every time - steer clear of social media, avoid work where possible (this was always going to be a struggle and ironically, the thing that needed doing most)... And just take some time for yourself, which is exactly what I did at the weekend.

I'd planned a little trip to Windsor anyway for my other half's birthday, which turned out to be amazing timing. And that, alongside a shit load an absolutely ridiculous amount of artery clogging food, shopping in Windsor town and indulging in Zoe's Zoella Beauty range did just the trick in turning my frown upside down. (Unfortunately it couldn't do anything for my terrible use of cheesy phrases)

Or my outfit choice pictured below which is definitely nothing special, but it was comfortable. And allowed for my food baby. Say no more!
Turtle Neck - Primark, Gilet - Urban Outfitters, Shorts - Primark, Boots - Zara, Bag - Aldo
Can we just talk about these shorts for a moment. Guess how much they were? Go on, have a guess! No, no guess again... nope, you're all wrong. £2 ladies, £2. Go Primark and their polyester wonderland ;)
In case the garishly, posey picture outside of the hotel sign wasn't a big enough give away, we stayed at the Marriott hotel in Windsor and I would thoroughly recommend it. I didn't manage to make the most of the facilities - sauna, swimming pool, gym etc. (let's face it, if I haven't ever attended a gym at home then I'm not going to do it when I'm away am I?) - but what I did make the most of was the excuse to eat whatever the hell I wanted because I was away for a day and screw my arteries.

If I'm honest, my arteries pretty much get screwed over at the best of times anyway and this was certainly no different! Evidence below...
Toby's Carvery, round 1 - Gluten free apple and cinnamon crumble which was incredible!!! - Chinese takeaway in bed - Buffet breakfast's before anything else - Pizza Express gluten free pizza - Snack time at Bills, Dips, GF bread and crudites.

Now, we all know that if your a blogger/vlogger, there's no such thing as relaxation time that doesn't include a good bath and umpteen fizzy, scented, ball/bomb products... and this is where Zoella Beauty comes in.
I'll be doing a full review on the Zoella Beauty range - after I've no doubt bought every single piece - but what I can say so far, is that the scent is lovely. Very fresh, very clean, completely non-offensive and I think Zoe's done a great job of picking a scent that the majority will love.

So after my lovely, relaxing weekend I am now back in London and 'enjoying' a day working from home - i.e casting for a TV show with odd bursts of blogging shoved in every now and again for good measure :) - and I am very happy about that.

I would absolutely love to know what you do to cheer yourself up on a down day? Any products you use, people you go to see to pick you up? And what items in your wardrobe are you gravitating towards for Autumn, go-to Autumnal outfits? I would love to hear your thoughts!

I'm asking a bloody lot of you today aren't I? ;)

I hope you enjoyed this post. As always, thank you so much for reading.

xx

Labels: , , , , ,