THE NEW THING: DANIEL WELLINGTON

I try to avoid bandwagons or blogger hypes as much as possible. 1) because I never pull off anything as well as pretty much every other blogger on the planet 2) because being late to the party is practically my USP, and by the time I actually get round to posting about them, you've all been there, done that, got the [insert your own choice of bandwagon material here]

However, when I saw this little watch brand doing the circuit on the blogs, I was actually slightly compelled by them. (Yes, I did just say I was compelled by a watch. I totally understand that I need to get my priorities right) After hours - actual hours - spent searching blog posts about them, pinterest, Instagram etc. I finally decided that the Daniel Wellington Classic Sheffield Lady had to be mine.

Fast forward 5 days, and it is mine. And boy am I pleased I gave into my sartorial lusting!

Daniel Wellington watches are the epitome of the words classic and simple. They're very minimal and yet somehow manage to stand out amongst every other leather strapped watch. The face is very clean,  all white with the rose gold or silver dials - depending on which colour you opted for - and the strap is a very beautiful, genuine leather strap.
Prior to this little beauty, my arm candy consisted of a Michael Kors MK5055. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved that watch and completely wore it death. However, having bought it over 4 years ago - when hardly anyone had heard of Michael Kors - it is now worn by literally every man woman and his her dog. And I'm not just talking bloggers, when I worked on 'the only way is Essex' not one, but three other girls had it too. Which of course is absolutely fine, but sometimes... I guess it's just nice to have something a bit different. (Which is obviously a massive contradiction because Daniel Wellington is huge across the blogosphere* but hey, bloggers aren't a bad bunch to have similar tastes too, right?)
So, I think that's about it for my little Daniel Wellington fan girling session today. I would love to know what you make of the Daniel Wellington range. Do you have one yourself, planning to get one soon?
What's your verdict on blogging hypes/bandwagons, does it put you off if if every blogging lady in the world possesses the item...or do you just go with it anyway? Let me know :)

As always, I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you so much for reading!

*PS saving for a house is going really well isn't it? [Insert Monkey covering it's eyes emoji here]

xx

Labels: , , ,