THOSE VALENTINO DUPES

Yeah, I wasn't joking about the fact that I could start a 'New Shoes' series because I purchase them so much. Yes, it's an addiction that could send me down a slippery (and poor) slope. Yes, I'm meant to be saving for a house. Yes, I went ahead and did this knowing that it was unnecessary and wrong. But these shoes are different. Here me out on this one...

You've all heard of the Valentino studded pumps - if you haven't, get off of my blog!... Just kidding, please don't leave :) - and if you're a fan of them like I am then you've probably done a quick search, seen the £575 price tag and swiftly clicked the [x] above. For those like me who did exactly that, let me introduce you to a little eBay purchase of mine, and my favourite shoes at the moment. Wonder how long that'll last...
Well aren't they just cheap versions of Valentino's further proof I am a massive tight arse lovely?! Comfortable, they are not - this is fashion, who needs comfort anyway - but smart, different and an easy way to make a statement out of a pretty dull outfit, they definitely are.

For reference, in case anyone doesn't know what the original Valentino flats look like, here is a very beautiful, Pinterest worthy picture - that I'm pretty sure belongs to Sincerely Jules - of the nude pink shade below.
Pretty similar right? I mean, the cut/style is bang on. The 'clearly not leather and slightly tacky plastic' material? not so much. But as I mentioned above, for a 20th of the price, - I think they were around £12 - I am more than OK with that!

I personally think they look incredible with light, distressed boyfriend jeans and a casual bright jumper. They also look great with some skinny jeans and a crisp white shirt to smarten things up a bit. I also loved wearing them with one of my many flowy midi skirts - as seen here - however, I am slightly distressed to say that the midi skirts have been put firmly to the back of my wardrobe right now. Screw you wind and rain, screw you...


So, thoughts on the Valentino Rockstud flats? Would you ever splurge on them, or have you actually splurged on them already? Is eBay the way forward? I would love to hear your thoughts :)

As always, thanks so much for reading!

xx

Labels: ,