THE REPURCHASES

When it comes to makeup, one thing I do tend to struggle with is commitment issues. (Makeup commitment issues? Clearly a first world problem right there for you all...) Yes I have my favourites, yes I know that they will probably look best on me because no other item is yet to compare but still, a quick pit stop in the Mothership - otherwise known as Boots (or superdrug) - always results in another lipstick/blusher/foundation/[insert your own item of makeup here] purchase. You know, just in case they are the one.


There are some products however that I barely ever stray from. And if I do, give it a month or two and I will always, no matter what, end up coming back to these bad boys. They are my 'Holy Grails', the unsung hero's, they are the items that always get repurchased no matter what!
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, hot cloth cleanser - apart from having the longest name in existence, there is nothing even slightly negative I can say about this product. I wrote a review of this nearly 2 years ago - where the hell has that time gone? and how the hell did I ever publish a post with such shit terrible picture quality?! - so I won't ramble too much but what I will say is, if you're looking for a kind to skin, nourishing whilst also really balancing the skin cleanser, that will remove every scrap of makeup - this is your guy. I have easily repurchased this at least 15 times and that count is going to continue clocking up. Love!

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask - Oh Origins, you pulled it out the bag with this one didn't you. This product never hugely appealed to me when there was first a major hype around it. Having combination/oily skin, the idea of 'intensive hydration' was one that broke me out into an even bigger, greasier mess. How very wrong I was. This mask, single handedly makes my skin look alive when I wake up the following morning. It makes it look plump, healthy, nourished, basically like I've drunk 8litres of water and had more than my 5 a day (which is saying something because that never happens!) This is good skin in a bottle, and I am more than happy to pay £23 for that. (Even if my purse isn't. SorryNotSorry purse!)

Mac Angel Lipstick - Ahh, if there was an award for the most nostalgic product in my makeup arson, this pretty little thing would take the crown. It was the first Mac lipstick I ever bought, I am now on my third and it will always be my "fuck, I've got 5 minutes to get ready, I need a lipstick I love to perk up my corpse-like face" product. A pale, rosy pink. Not quite a nude, but definitely a very natural colour. And come on, we all know Kim Kardashian named this as one of her favourites back in the day...
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - For some reason I have never reviewed this foundation and I'm kinda angry at myself for that. Unless you've been living under a rock then you must have heard a hell of a lot about this. It's not sheer - bad naming Nars, although totally forgiven for being so bloody amazing - I would say that it's a medium coverage foundation which is definitely buildable. I know that I have completely rinsed the life out of the phrase 'good skin in a bottle' but it really does perfect your skin whilst still looking natural. Maybe I'll just get my arse in gear and post a review soon.

I stress emphasis on the word 'maybe' :)

Essie Fiji - I am on my third bottle of this. The only other nail polish I have ever repurchased is my trusty old Seche Vite - which on reflection, probably should be featured here, however in all honesty, I forgot to photograph it. Shit happens... - which speaks volumes for Fiji. It's a very light, baby pink colour which can almost look white from a distance. It makes your hands look more tanned, more slender (slender hands are obviously of utmost importance) I feel like it just borders elegant nude, and tacky tip ex nails and I am not ashamed to admit that I am totally OK with that.

So I think that's about it for my 'repurchases' ode today and I have to say, I have really enjoyed using any excuse to have a rifle through my collection (all in the name of blogging, obvs) It makes you love those unsung, 'always lurking around but never quite gets the praise' heroes just that little bit more. So please tell me, what are the products that YOU always repurchase? What are YOUR unsung heroes?
I would love to hear your thoughts :)

As always, thanks so much for reading!

xx

Labels: , , , , ,