AUGUST FAVOURITES

I have been excited to write up my August favourites from probably just a couple of days into the month. Yes, that probably makes me extremely sad, I do understand that. But there is something about being totally able to vent, fan girl, obsess over my latest fashion, beauty, miscellaneous item loves without being told to shut the fuck up give it a rest.

And I absolutely love that :) On to the favourites...

Mac Faux - Oh lord, I could waffle on about this lipstick til the cows come home. (But for your sanity I will attempt to keep it as short as possible) It's the perfect wearable nude lip colour for all year round but I am especially loving it for the transition into Autumn as it has that beautiful plumy pink undertone. I'd say it was Mac Angel's more grown up sister. (I'd also say I was massive loser paring lipsticks up as family members) It's a satin and I have to say, this is easily my favourite Mac lipstick formulation. So long lasting and moisturising. Love, love, love!
Malin + Goetz Lip Moisturiser - Keeping with the theme of 'lips', I got this lip balm free in a magazine featuring Cheryl Cole on the front (in other words, I can't remember which mag it was). In short, it's so amazing that I genuinely think it even rivals Nuxe Reve de Miel (and you know how much I love that one) It's slightly waxy, but also relatively liquid/gel like. For those that love the Nuxe balm but prefer a slightly more shiny/sheeny formula, this ones for you. I can see this being a close companion throughout the colder months.
Embryolisse - As you might remember from my Imats haul, I picked up 3 little samples of this moisturizer and I do really wish I'd have purchased more. It is a beautiful moisturiser. There will be a full review of this up on the blog imminently (that means in a few months time in my world) but what I will say is that I can't picture any skin type not loving this.
Tom Ford Black Orchid Perfume - I've had this perfume for nearly a year now and I love it just as much as I did when I first got it. It's ridiculously sexy. It's definitely a heavier, night time fragrance (although I do wear a light spritz daily too, oops) as it's pretty musky/spicy... It's one of those that I can spot a mile off if anyone even remotely close to me is wearing it!

That's it for me beauty wise, on to the random favourites. And jesus, they are random.
Copenhagen Candles in Baby Powder - this goes straight in as my number 1 candle. This gives off so much scent, even just being in my room with the lid off, without even being lit. It is the most beautiful soft, luxurious scent and there is nothing more relaxing than chilling in bed, candles lit, the blog roll loaded on my laptop, and a lovely hot chocolate at hand. Which brings me nicely onto my next favourite...
Hot Chocolate - I drink hot chocolate all year round no matter what the weather but when it's pissing down raining hard and you're all cosy indoors, nothing quite tops it off like a hot chocolate. Cadbury's Hazelnut flavour is my current fave.
The Night Circus - Of course, this was bought on recommendation of the lovely Tanya Burr. I must admit, it took me a little while to get into it, but once I did, I was genuinely sad to come to the end of it. You really do get invested in the characters - and those kind of books are always my favourite - it's magical, it's different and ultimately, it's made me want to run away to the circus! TV producer turned Acrobat and all that...

Ed Sheeran Thinking out loud and Taylor Swift Shake it off - Thinking out loud will be my first dance song at my wedding and Shake it off has literally not stopped playing since I first heard it. That it all!

And last but not least, a little shout out to my electric blanket that has become a firm companion in the last week or so. Yes, it's still August, yes it should still be summer, but the UK is definitely not warm anymore so the electric blanket will stay on for the foreseeable future. [*Insert 'diva with her hand in the air' emoji here*]

So, you lovely lot, tell me - what has been your favourite product this month? Any new discoveries, any products that I might 'need' to check out? I would love to hear your thoughts!

As always, thank so much for reading :)

xx

Labels: , , , ,