CHANGE

Change. For someone that is generally pretty petrified by even the thought of it, I am very happy to sit here and right about the newness in my life - and blog, exciting times!! - of late. If you've read my blog previously then you'll be more than aware that I love nothing more then to waffle on into the next century so I will try to keep this as short and snoozeworthy-less as possible.

Please take note on the word 'try'. I am making no promises :)


Blog changes. For a long time I have been extremely unhappy with my very amateur, simple and pretty much bodged together blog layout, template etc. which is nobodies fault but my own. In truth, working in TV - and particularly the shows that I worked on - meant that I had barely any free time to dedicate towards my blog and when I did, I was focusing completely on the quality of content - yep, I did actually work on that believe it or not ;) - than 'prettying' things up a bit. But after fan-girling and being slightly envious of all the pretty blog layouts out there, I finally decided to do something about it. This something was getting in touch with Pipdig to design my blog and I can honestly recommend them wholeheartedly! Not only is the service perfect - quick and helpful replies to emails, always feeling like I could ask for different options etc. - but the actual designs themselves are beautiful. I won't admit how long it took me to make up my mind which template to go for but as you can see, I went for one that is very simple, clean and what I personally believe to be very chic. I am over the moon with it so thank you very much Phil from Pipdig, my blog no longer looks like 5 year old designed it. Halle-bloody-lujah!
Life changes. Life changes? That all sounds a bit serious doesn't it, well it's me so of course...it really isn't. A lot of shit has been going down lately in my life when it comes to that pesky little word called stress. I'm not sure how many people will know that I've worked in TV since I was 18 - if you didn't, you do now :) - and it's only now, 3 years later that I've had enough time to sit back and reflect on all of the incredible experiences that I've been lucky enough to experience in that time, but also on how much stress and worry and I guess anxiety came along with that too. Please don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful and thankful for my career - how many people can say that they've spoke to and looked after some of the most famous people in the world, been in the most exhilarating circumstances etc. - but I feel like now is the right time to put my priorities into place and I'm extremely looking forward to, dare I say it, 'settling down' and just taking more time to see family, friends... and just the world really. I want to travel, I want to be able to make it to loved ones birthdays, I want to be able to go out one night and not worry about a 5am wake up call the next morning. Honestly and truly? I want to be able to blog multiple times a week as well as fulfilling other passions of mine.
Which is why recently I made a choice to work in a slightly different spectrum , if you will, of TV. I am now an Assistant producer and VT Editor - if any UK readers can hear VT without picturing Keith Lemon from Celebrity Juice saying "VT stands for video tape", you are a better person than me - of an Interactive TV show on Sky. Of course, it's still generally a stressful job, but it also means that I get to work half the week from home, pop out to Starbucks in the morning with my Mum if I have time, nip out to take blog photo's on my lunch break etc. and I am more than happy with that. My health - which is a whole other post that I've been considering writing for a long time but just haven't had the balls to yet. I'm basically a professional Sick Note so it's gonna be a long one ;) - and happiness come first now, and I am all for raising a glass - or 5 - to that! (not sure how 5 glasses of wine quite equates to better health, but I'm trying people. I'm trying)

I'm going to wrap this bad boy up here as I could quite happily bore you all into 2015, but I just wanted to take this moment to say that to everyone that reads, comments, likes my blog (that's you Mum!)... you are a huge part of why I am currently so happy right now, and I feel very grateful for each and every one of you. 

So, I'd love you to tell me what changes you've made in life - or to your blog - for the better? What are you enjoying at the moment? I'm all for some positivity around this place so I am all ears!

As always, thanks so much for reading. Here's to much more regular posts on this blog. (miracles happen right?!)

xx

Labels: , ,