The Primark Midi: Part 1

There's something about midi skirts that whilst I love how they look on so many other bloggers, I'm not entirely enthralled with how they look on me. This also brings me nicely on to the problem with my second home Primark. If I walked into Zara, Topshop [insert your own lovely, but overpriced shop here] and saw a £50 midi, I'd appreciate it, then happily walk away. However when you walk into Primark, see a lovely, 'slightly out of your comfort zone but how could you possibly not buy it for £8' skirt, it goes straight into my basket before you can say unnecessary.

Said unnecessary, slightly picnic blanket-esque, but actually quite lovely skirt below. Oh, and also part 1 due to the fact that after wearing it once, I immediately went out and bought it in 3 other colours. It's OK, it's not like I'm saving for a house or anything.

If Carlsberg did guilty faces....
My main observation of this skirt is that it makes me feel like bloody Cinderella #MassiveLoserAlert It has that lovely 'swishy' factor, you know what I'm talking about (right?), when you just can't help but twirl around whilst wearing it. (Ridiculous photo evidence below) If you wear a flowy midi skirt and your inner 3year old princess doesn't come out in you, you are not human! (or maybe you are and I'm just a massive tit? I'll let you be the judge of that)
As well as being able to twirl like a Disney character - which is obviously really cool - I've stepped out of my ridiculously small comfort zone with this. Despite the fact that whilst wearing this I could quite easily be mistaken for a picnic blanket, I actually really like the colour and pattern. I'm not a big red - or any bold colour - wearer, but I really enjoyed wearing this. Embracing colour will be my spring resolution. (If spring ever comes London!!)
Skirt: Primark
Shoes: Primark
Top: H&M
Necklace: Primark
Pasty body that hasn't seen sunlight in far too long: Models own
Lipgloss that's barely visible in the photos, but I will get my arse in gear and post about soon: Tanya Burr's 'First Date'


What do you think of the old gingham, flared, midi. Own this yourself, anything similar? Any similar blog posts you think I need to check out? Links and comments are more welcome than an entire wardrobe full of Midi's. And they're very welcome :)

As always, thank you so much for reading. See you in the next post!

xx

Labels: , ,