2013 - My year, My random favourites, My resolutions, My life

So we come to the end of 2013, and without sounding like a massive cheesy, cliche of a girl - which I no doubt will - where the fuck on earth has this year gone? It's been a bit of a mixed bag for me, getting all 'Ronan Keeting' on your arses, a bit of a rollercoaster. As 'trying not to bore the life out of you in my blog posts' is one of my new years resolutions - along with cutting down on swearing not gonna happen, eating more healthily and doing at least one form of exercise every so often definitely not gonna happen #Beast and finding the time to blog more often Miracles do happen right? - I won't go too in detail of my year, so I thought I'd post a few highlights, a few highs. So, putting on my best Dermot O'Leary voice - the Elle next door, here are your best bits...

The Work Recap - Anyone that follows my blog will know that I work in TV, and I absolutely love it...despite moaning about how many hours I work - which to be fair is quite a lot, I mean 18hour days...Ohhh bore off Elle! - and stress that you receive along the way. In January I got a job on 'the only way is essex'. I was never a fan of the show per say (love a bit of diplomacy in case the ole bosses are watching ;) ) however it is a huge production, takes a ridiculous amount of hard work and actually is a great show to have on your CV. Also a lot of fun at times! I, in all honesty, expected to be there for a series. 1 year, 3 series and a couple of steps up the ladder later and here I am, still 'reppin Essex' (please, please, feel free to punch me in the face for using that phrase!) I did expect stress and hell-ish hours when I accepted the job. I didn't expect to find some of my closest friends and colleagues along the way. Oh, and also my other half :) so I am very grateful to 'the only way is Essex' which is a sentence that at the beginning of 2013, I never ever thought I'd say!

The Beauty Recap - Now that I've bored you all over 2013's work history, I thought I'd better get onto what makes us all happy. Beauty. I am still - and probably will forever be - a neutral, smokey eye and nude/pink lips lover. It's what suits me - well, I think it suits me, feel free to point out if I look like a bit of a clown!) - and I'm a massive creature of habit. After all, it's totally acceptable to have 30 pink lipsticks, which are obviously all unique and not at all the same as the one you bought 2 days ago! Here's a quick list of favourites that you can skip through if you're dying of boredom from my random waffling! 

Makeup Favourites:-
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow Fiji

Concealer: Collection Lasting finish Number 3

Bronzer: Nars Laguna/Chanel Soleil de tan (100% sure I've spelt that wrong. 100% too lazy to go and check)

Eyeshadow: Now this is a bloody toughy. I'm totally going to cheat and say Mac Woodwinked, All that glitters, Patina and Satin Taupe. And the whole naked 1 and 3 Palette. (I wasn't joking when I said I was a neutrals girl was I?)

Eyeliner: Loreal Superliner/Loreal Superliner Slim for a winged liner. Rimmel Scandaleyes kohl for waterline

Blusher: Another toughy - #FirstWorldProblems - I'd say Accesorize Sensation (don't know it til you've tried it) Mac Well Dressed or Melba.

Lipstick: Mac Angel. My one true love! Followed very closely by Rimmel Kate Moss Matte 101

Hair Favourites:-

Tool: Without a doubt, the Enrapture totem styler. Review here

Shampoo/Conditioner: High end - Morrocan Oil Volume, Low end - Aussie's Shine range

Treatment: Macadamia oil Deep repair masque

Oil: Macadamia or Moroccan Oil.

Now, Fashion favourites would be a hard one as I tend to change up what I wear all the time (sorry purse) so I thought I'd post a couple of random OOTD's from this year. Which also leads to my resolutions...

Resolution Number 1 - Try and make at least one outfit post without pulling a "I'm trying to look natural, look down to the left pose" Jesus christ I like to pull that pose a lot don't I? There is obviously always a lot going on on the floor to my left!

2 - Try to eat at least a little bit healthily and exercise at least once a week. Yes I did say once a week, yes that is pathetic and no it wasn't a typo. It's time to be realistic with my resolutions and once a week, quite frankly - and rather embarrassingly - will be a miracle as it is.

3 - More of a personal one for my last resolution - yep, I'm considering your poor souls and ending it here so you don't die of boredom Haaaalelujah - For 2014, I really want to stress less. I am the world's biggest over thinker, every decision in life is a life or death situation (Tiramisu or Apple crumble, Tiramisu or Apple crumble...) but no, all jokes aside, after a really stressful passed 2 years, I want to be laid back and relaxed in 2014. Worry about things if I need to. Make a decision and don't ponder over it for weeks. You get the jist...

4 - To be happy! (...and yes I sneaked a final resolution in)

And that's it for 2013. For anyone that has got to the end of this post, you are the true definition of 'patience is a virtue' (and a massive congratulations, I'd have given up a long time ago :) ) Thank you to every single one of you that reads my blog, or has ever even read one of my blog posts. I am so grateful and appreciate every single one of you! 

Happy New Year, I hope it's your best yet!

Cheers to 2014. I look forward to sharing it with you :)
Lots of love, Elle xx

Labels: ,