REVIEW: You can take the girl out of TOWIE....Kiss Nail Wraps!

You can take the girl out of TOWIE, but you can't take the TOWIE out the girl. Or say so they say....well, I'm pretty sure whoever coined that phrase wasn't referring to someone not working on a TV show anymore but that's where I'm going with it so, what can you do? (Click on the X in the top right corner? Said every - slightly harsh - blogger bored of my rambly nonsense already!)

I was contacted recently to see whether I'd be interested in trying the 'Kiss nail wraps'. Now, as much as I should probably be more selective in what I receive - would I usually use it? would it be something I'd usually buy? - the beauty whore/hoarder/compulsive spender in me immediately says 'Yes' to emails like this when I first started receiving them. And you know what...I'm pretty glad I did. Would I have walked into Boots/Superdrug/Walmart (Apologies for trying to fit in with the cool Americans. I am not cool, or American, and therefore just sound like a complete and utter tit!) spotted these and wacked the Blingtastic, Essex-esque - nothing wrong with Essex, just saying ;)..., ever so slightly tacky - nail wraps in my basket? No! (Sh*t, she wasn't lying when she said she was blunt) Am I glad that I got the chance to wear them and try them out, though? Yes I bloody am. After all, everyone needs a bit of bling in their life. Onto the pictures...
Any photographers/photography experts/directors/anybody in the world with eye sight better than my own (that'll be 99% of the population then) will probably be insulted by the lack of quality/my own reflection/just about everything in this picture. I am too. It'll be my new years resolution to improve. We all know how well that's going to go then...
The Kiss nail wraps give you 18 strips so that you can chose the size that fits your nails best, which is obviously great as we don't all have the same shape nails, but - oh god, here goes the 'but' - maybe it's just the greedy bitch in me, but I just want more! I don't want 18. 18 means I get one wear and neeeaarly two. You're just teasing me Kiss you son of a bitch cheeky things!
In terms of application, they are ridiculously easy to use. Simply chose the size that fits each nail best, press them on and bend the remaining wrap back down behind the nail. Then take the nail file included in the set - nice touch Kiss, I am forever losing my nail files #LifeSavers #StillADickForUsingHashtagsInBlogposts - and file off the remainders. Piece of piss Nice and Simple. If someone with as fiddly fingers as me - definitely just made myself sound like a pervert. I'm not, FYI! - can apply these, then anyone, regardless of how clumsy they are, can!
Ta-dah! Despite feeling ever so slightly like Katie Price/something off of Big Fat Gypsy Weddings/Toddlers and Tiaras, as a one off...I actually pretty like them. They're a bit of fun, something to brighten up your day (literally) and just a change for your usual suspects! Kiss claim that they last up to 10 days, they actually lasted around 3 days on me before they started to get demolished peel off but as I said, for me they're only a novelty wear so that isn't a major concern. For those who want their fingers to look vajazzled long term (potentially the strangest sentence ever to have graced a blog post)...they might not be for you.

The Kiss nail wraps cost £5.99 and are available from Asda. 

And yes, that last sentence was extremely short and sweet for somebody who takes 3 paragraphs to say what each post is actually about. The truth (...the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Check me out getting all Judge Judy on you) being that I am actually recovering from an extremely 'heavy night' and for the life of cannot make a pun out of the 'Asda Price' slogan. Yes, I am a sad excuse for a human being. I hope you forgive me, or at least carry on reading my blog :)

If any of you have tried these out, or anything similar I'd love to hear/see your posts on what you think. Am I the only one embracing my inner chav? Talk to me!

Hope you enjoyed this post guys. As always, thanks for reading!

xx

Labels: ,