#LDNBloggersParty - Better late than never!

If there's two things in life I love - well, apart from shopping (standard) chocolate (who doesn't?) nando's (classy girl!) Ryan Gosling (now you're talking)....Ok, Ok, you get the jist - it's cocktails and gossiping with the girls. Which is why when an invite popped up on my email (not sure where else I thought it was going to pop up) from Scarlett inviting me to the #LDNBloggerParty I was straight in touch with the culprit of my social life death work, making sure I could have the day off. I'd say that was dedication. Some would probably say alcoholism/being a typical girly girl. I'll leave the verdict to you. Dedication 0 - 'Superficial-ness' 100!

It's quite a common misconception that if you're a "blogger", you must be a pretty confident person. I think it comes from the assumption that if you're "putting yourself out there" on the net, you must be pretty happy with your lot, basically. Well, let me just tell you that that may be the case for many other bloggers, but for me? not so much. Despite meeting up with a few bloggers for lunch beforehand that I'd spoken to over twitter, I was quite honesty shitting a brick petrified at the thought of going to my first event, and meeting people for the first time (in real life. well, not the 'cyber' world anyway) however like most things in life, I was wrong! *you know what time it is...wack those violins out!!*
I genuinely had such a lovely day, which started with lunch at The Diner with - if I forget anyone, I'm sorry girls. My memory is as good as Britney Spears' miming - Jess, Shay, Ellie, Emma, Annie, Becky and the lovely Hana (who I have been practically inseparable from since the event) Let's just be blunt and say it how it is, I'm shit when it comes to photographs. Taking them? I always forget. When I do take them? Blurry and out of focus (Watch your back Mario Testino, watch your back!) so why change the habit of a lifetime? This is my poor attempt at capturing steak, fried eggs and chips. Someone say fat bitch? FAT BITCH!...
Move over Popeye....love me some steak!

Before heading over to Dirty Martini in Hanover Square for the main event. Oh, and how can I forget, no day is complete without getting caught up in the Gay Pride parade is it? Nope, didn't think so!
Finally, we all made it to the event to be greeted by a shit load sea of bloggers. I met so many lovely girls - especially lovely meeting Laura who I 'know' from twitter and Jess who I discovered I had so much in common with including schools, mutual friends and a love Nars Sheer Glow - discovered so many great blogs and came away with a pretty lovely goodie bag. Can it get any better? Erm, maybe if you wack David Beckham in the mix. Or Paul Walker...you're not fussy love! Obligatory goodie bag shot/evidence that I am quite possibly the worst photographer ever to have graced the planet, below! Oh, and some pictures that I stole borrowed from Laura and Scarlett (...thanks for saving my 'terrible blogger' arse girls!)
...and on to the girls. And more importantly Laura's photo's. Clear, in focus, nice pictures on the blog. Well, there's a first time for everything isn't there ;)

After many Lychee Martini's - which if you haven't tried, you haven't lived - and much girlie chat, it finally came to end. *wipes away the tears, "I'm fine, I'm fine"*  With a little bit of time before we both had to make tracks, I headed off to & other stories with Hana (Hi, I'm Ellie, and I've become a massive cliche) and Topshop (would be rude not to really wouldn't it? Yep, I thought you'd think so too ;)) to have a little browse.

I could waffle on about how I then went on to Costa for a Frap, carried on shopping blah blah blah but in all honesty, if you're still awake and reading this now, you're a better person than me! Time to wrap this up, I had such a lovely time (if I had a pound for every time I've used the word lovely in this post, I'd never have to work again) met some amazing girls, basically...I bloody loved it! So thank you Scarlett for putting on such a brilliant event, if you ever put on another one, I promise I'll try to remember my camera, oh...and get business cards like everybody else had apart from me. Like I said, I'll try...

Hope you enjoyed this post guys, if any of you reading this went to the event yourself, I'd love to hear what you thought of it. Also, don't forget the links to any posts on the #LDNBloggersParty so I can perve stalk scout out all the bloggers I got to meet. As always, thanks so much for reading!

xx

Labels: