REVIEW: Bioderma Sensibio H2O

If there's a beauty phase, I'm likely to go through it. If there's a certain product hype, the chances are, I'm going to give in to it. And if there's a big, fat, massive, humongous [insert generic words for 'big' here as I'm running out and can't be arsed bothered to google some more, here] bandwagon, you can bet your life that I'm going to be jumping on that quicker than you can say "someone please get Kim Kardashian a stylist!" (...which in retrospect is actually quite a long sentence so doesn't exactly work, but you get what I was trying to do there people, right? Right...)

So, Kimmy K, bandwagon's and my confession that I practically have the will power of a fat person in Greggs aside; what is this bandwagon that I so inelegantly jumped upon this time? Well, you didn't think Bioderma was finally going to come to the UK and I was going to be able to resist being a sheep, copying bloggers/youtubers, caving in and buying their famous Micellar solution - previously known as Crealine H20 - did you? No, I think not...
I know 99% of the people who read my blog would have heard all about Bioderma before - my Mum, my Mum and my Mum are pretty up to date in the skincare stakes - but for the sake of the post and a good review (good review? pull the other one love) here's what Bioderma have to say about their best seller...

"At the cutting edge of innovation, BIODERMA has pioneered micellar solutions. Specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins, the Sensibio H2O micellar solution gently cleanses face and eyes. It removes water-resistant make-up.
The micelles contained in its formula effectively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the skin’s balance (soap-free, physiological pH).

Soothing and decongesting active ingredients prevent the feelings of irritation often caused by cleansing."


And for the most important part, which you've all been hanging off the edge of your seats for/dying with anticipation/brimming with apprehension - again, because tone can't be conveyed in text, the level of sarcasm in that last comment is akin to the level of swelling in poor Kimmy K's ankles (don't pretend you haven't seen those awful perspex shoe pictures) - here's what I think...

Bioderma is a liquid cleanser/make up remover which is best used by pouring onto a cotton pad and shoving it all over your moosh gliding it all over your face. I am pretty happy - in fact, extremely happy - with my skin care regime at the moment, so for me, I'm using Bioderma purely as a quick and effective make up remover, not really a cleanser as such. And that is exactly what it is. Quick, easy and to be quite honest...bloody amazing at removing your make up. I used one cotton pad with a single squirt of the solution and it literally removed every last scrap of make up (and considering I like to trowel at least 10inches of it on my face, use hardcore waterproof eye products and practically use concealer like polyfilla - that really is saying something.) No left over panda eyes, no oily residue, no red, inflamed skin. Just *put on your best, cheesy American accent* "Clean, clear and under control"

As you may have noticed, the Micellar water (pretty sure I've spelt that wrong throughout this whole post, sorry spelling police!) that I picked up happened to be the version targeted towards sensitive skin. Now, I don't have sensitive skin whatsoever, it's actually normal/oily - I know what you're thinking..."well why didn't you pick up the Oily skin version you tit?!" - however with the rest of my skin care catering nicely towards my skin type I wanted to start off with what I imagine is the most gentle solution of Bioderma. My (simple) way of thinking is that if the mildest solution can be that effective, then imagine what the rest of the line can do. In a big fat contradictory u-turn however, I am so pleased and impressed with the Sensibo, that I will be sticking with this bad boy for the foreseeable future.

I actually picked this up from a little pharmacy dangerously close to where our offices are, which is Bliss Pharmacy in Marble Arch. Now, I'm going to be honest here - as quite frankly, I don't really know how to do anything but 100% honesty - and say that I actually begrudge buying anything from this place. Without sounding like a moany bitch, the staff are pushy, bordering on rude and the products are more often than not more expensive than a lot of other shops. I bought the 250ml bottle for £11.99 which is more than I've seen online and elsewhere, but to be quite frank, I was so embarrassingly, humiliatingly excited about seeing Bioderma in the UK that there was no way I was walking out of the shop without one. Screw you enticing beauty products, screw you!!

So I guess that's about it for this review. To wrap it up - as is so often needed due to my never ending rambles - in terms of a make up remover, this is 100% Holy Grail status for me. Nothing comes near or close by, and the day that a product does pip this to the post, will most probably be the day pigs fly! (No post is complete without a healthy dose of exaggeration is it?)

What do we all think of Bioderma? Fellow Londoners have you caved yet, anyone else in love with it as much as I am? I would love to hear your thoughts!
Hope you enjoyed this post guys, and it was useful for some of you that may be considering buying this product. As always, thank you so much for reading!

xx

Labels: , , ,