REVIEW: Skin care Saviour - La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

When it comes to band wagons, I am all over them like a common, trampy girl in McDonalds! *Hangs head in shame and pretends that sentence was absolutely not about the person writing it*

Chanel pop up shop? Been there. Illamasqua speckle nail polish? Done that. Slogan 'geek' 'loser' 'nerd' clothing? Got the T-Shirt...literally!!

So when every Tom, Dick and Harry (I was going to write Tanya, Ruth and Lily but it doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it? #bloggerproblems #OnlyKnobsUseHashtagsInBlogposts #IAmAnAbsoluteKnob) raved about La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo, there was only one place that bad boy was going, and that's straight in my - already completely weighed down - boots basket!
From previous reviews two things were pretty obvious about this product to me. The first being that there was some kind of magical mix of ingredients - which I'm not going into, Science (in fact, school in itself) was not my strong point - that managed to clear up peoples blemishes, keep skin clear and just generally in great condition.

The Second being that whatever lucky shop assistants serve me when I buy this little gem, are going to have an absolute ball when they hear me trying to pronounce this. If I had a pound for every time somebody commented on my accent - and more commonly how much they don't expect it come out of my mouth - I'd never need to work again. I mean, the cockney/common/South East Laaaandon accent isn't that bad is it? No, of course not love...who doesn't want to sound like a cross between Del Boy and Peggy Mitchell?!

Anyway, back to the best Duo since Ant and Dec. What is it? Well, I'll leave it to La Roche Posay to answer that question for you. Here's what they say...

"Who is this for? Oily skin with irregular texture, prone to imperfections, blemishes and spots.

 What does it do? Pores are unclogged and purified to help reduce the development of future breakouts. Helps to reduce skin imperfections leaving skin looking clearer and feeling smoother."
Now, I don't know about you - and it completely contradicts my cheap skate tendencies - but whenever a product is massively hyped up, I kind of want to prove it wrong. I kind of want to hate it, pick flaws in it. I want to be able to say "Hi millions of you lot out there, what the fuck hell were you on about, this is s**t"...no, I'm only joking! Regardless of what I wanted to do with this product, I couldn't!

I mentioned in a previous post that I opened my massive trap to say about how well my skin had been behaving and BOOM, out breaks an army of vile little suckers, otherwise known as spots. Luckily, I had already bought the Duo after succumbing to the hype but was waiting for the perfect chance to use it. Well, this period certainly come up trumps. So let's get into the details...oh I love a good detail.

The texture - Effaclar Duo's texture is pretty liquidy (absolutely not a word, but I'm going with it anyway...) and a cross between a gel and a cream I'd say. It feels surprisingly moisturising when applied to skin but sinks in in no time, leaving you with nicely moisturised but for me - most importantly - matte!
Does it do what it actually says it does? In other words, are La Roche Posay chatting s**t? (and the world's most unclassy, common as muck blogger award goes to....aww thanks guys, I never win anything!) Anyway, I'm digressing all the over shop here. In answer to my question, yes it does. Within a week of using this, the break out on my skin had not only completely cleared up, but those horrible little blemish scars that they normally leave behind were completely gone too, and my pores really were visibly reduced. HA, listen to me go on as if I'm in a bloody Clean and Clear advert *cue over enthusiastic, completely false voice and smile* my skin was clean, clear and under control! :D

Finally, value for money - Luckily for you lot, this is short and sweet for me. It retails at £13, and it's completely changed my skin. So my answer to that question, in a word - which is virtually impossible for me - YES!

I'll start wrapping this up now guys as it's beginning to get as long as my Fashion/Beauty product wish list. For me, this is the one skin care product that I will absolutely repurchase without fail. I don't want to ever be without it and I know I can rely on it when my skin starts to absolutely take the piss out of me misbehave itself again. Clean and clear skin, reduced pores and healing blemishes in half the time than they would if left to their own devices...I will take that!
La Roche Posay is stocked in bigger Boots stores and online here if you're interested. I'd love to know if any of you - I'm pretty sure some of you would have - have tried this out. If so, what did you think? Agree with my rambles, disagree? I wanna hear your thoughts regardless!

Hope this post was useful for you guys, thank you so much for reading!

xx

Labels: , ,